Hello, welcome and thank you for your interest in
♥ Mama ♥ Care ♥ Workshops and BABE assessments = Body After Baby Evaluations in Hawkes Bay.
I am passionate about educating, empowering and improving women’s pelvic health.
♥ Mama ♥ Care ♥ Workshops
The idea of this workshop is to share important information with you prior to having your baby and help you to care for yourself during your journey from conception, through pregnancy, child birth and assist you to recover beyond.
This is open to any pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy – the earlier the better so you can utilise the information as early as possible.
The workshop is split over 2 evenings to help you digest information and cover as many topics as possible including –
- Pelvic floor – anatomy, function and correct activation
- Core care – finding your deep abdominal muscles and using them with function
- Posture in pregnancy and avoiding dysfunction causing pain
- Optimising bladder & bowel health and function
- Exercise in pregnancy – how much, how often, when to stop and what to be aware of
And more ……….
Workshops will be run according to demand locally in Hawkes Bay, or nationwide if you have an established group so please make contact to inquire on availability and register your interest.
Further information on content covered and workshop dates are available on request here:- Contact for more information
BABE ASSESSMENTS = Body After Baby Evaluations
These assessments can be done from 20 weeks pregnancy (PreBABE) as well as after baby is born (PostBABE).
- PREGNANCY Body After Baby Evaluation (PreBABE)
Pregnancy is the perfect time to start optimising pelvic floor and core health as recovery from pregnancy and birth begins while you are still pregnant.
A PreBABE (Pregnancy Body After Baby Evaluation) is a 1-hour check-up which helps you decide on the next best steps for your health, wellbeing, and delivery.
A PreBABE covers a review of your-
- posture and breathing
- tummy check
- pelvic floor check and exercise prescription
- any questions you may have that relate to you personally and your pregnancy and childbirth journey.
This is for you if you are body and health conscious and want to optimise your pregnancy and birth recovery and help prevent problems down the track. While pregnant: Any time from 20 weeks pregnancy.
PreBABE – An assessment (around 20 weeks) and follow up around 34 weeks helps set you up to optimise pelvic floor and core health throughout pregnancy. A follow up helps to review and answer any pre delivery questions, provide advice regarding perineal preparation, position and pushing strategies.
After baby: Any time from 6 weeks post-natal or earlier for those experiencing symptoms or after traumatic delivery.
- POSTNATAL Body After Babe Evaluation (PostBABE)
Childbirth can challenge us in many ways and has similar impact on the body as any demanding athletic event and while many women prepare for childbirth, recovery is often forgotten. Our bodies are incredibly resilient but no matter what type of delivery or how easy or difficult it may have been, our body is changing and recovering for many months. We need time to heal, recover and return to a new normal after pregnancy and childbirth.
After having a baby many women suffer with back pain, hip and pelvic girdle pain, pelvic floor and core weakness. Some women also sustain injuries that can’t be seen and may not become a problem for weeks, months or years after. This has been called the 4th trimester as it is a time of great change just like each of the 3 trimesters of pregnancy.
The 4th trimester is the perfect time while we are adapting to new routines to consider and care for ourselves. Taking positive steps like a PostBABE Assessment helps us to identify any areas of recovery that you can be enhanced and supported as well as helping you meet the new challenges of parenthood while also setting you up to handle the demands of returning to other things like sport, exercise, work and family commitments.
A PostBABE (Body After Baby Evaluation) is a 1-hour check-up which helps you decide on the next best steps for your health, wellbeing and fitness goals.
A PostBABE covers a review of your
- posture and breathing
- tummy recovery
- pelvic floor recovery
- assesses for any trauma to your pelvic floor that is not visible on the outside and may affect you later in life.
It will also highlight if there is something you can do to improve bladder, bowel, and sexual health. We will do our absolute best to cover as much as possible in our initial 1-hour consult, but sometimes ongoing post-partum pain, scar issues and individualised exercise programs and other post-partum complications will need to be addressed in a subsequent session.
This is for you if you are body and health conscious and want to optimise your recovery and help prevent problems down the track. Options include:
- B.A.B.E Body After Baby Evaluation – Any time post-natal or earlier for those experiencing symptoms or after traumatic delivery – assessing impact of pregnancy and delivery (vaginal or caesarean) on pelvic floor, tummy, posture and core strength.
- B.A.B.E Body After Baby Evaluation Ready 2 Play Evaluation – From 6 weeks assessing safety to return to sport and exercise.
- B.A.B.E Body After Baby Evaluation Ready 2 Run Evaluation – 12+ weeks assessing safety for return to running.
Best wishes on your pelvic health journey ♥